Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thought for the Day plus outfits for grandkids for Wedding



Since all the grandkids are out of town. I thought I would post a picture of what the outfits look like. We're still deciding about the boys pants if they should be brown or Khaki. I need to talk to Kelsie to see what will go best.

As I was preparing materials for May 24 Sacrament Meeting, I ran across a wonderful quote by Elder Marvin J. Ashton I would like to share. "Perhaps the greatest capacity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings, having patience with someone who has let us down, or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other." April 1992 General Conference
I hope this quote will be as insightful to those who read this as it has been to me. As soon as I read this, I thought of instances where I could of used such inspired wisdom. The clarity that comes with the promptinsg of the Holy Ghost is amazing.

3 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

Those outfits will be cute! Thanks for sharing that thought, it is a really good quote. and something I could definitely work on.

Erin said...

super cute. i liked the quote, i'll have to read it again when i feel better.

Cori said...

the outfits look great!!! Brown khaki either one looks good!!! as for the quote it was great. I have always tried to not be the offender (obviously that doesn't always work out for me) but I have never thought about working on letting my self be offended. I defiantly need to work on that. My mom reminded me the other day that Satan is working really hard to try and tare families apart. I think he may have found my weakness with letting my self be offended easily. So I will try hard to work on it! Thanks for sharing.